For Hot Forming and Forging operations, increasing Tool Life and producing quality parts at a lower cost is the “Ultimate Goal”. Achieving that goal is dependent upon controlling the metallurgical properties of the Forge/Hot Form Tooling to prevent wear, softening, thermal fatigue and heat checking. DYNA-BLUE provides those properties cost effectively!!!
- 2-10 times increase in tool life due to 75+ HRC compound layer compared to 60-65HRC diffusion zone for Ion Nitride.
(Click here for Microstructure of DYNA-BLUE vs Nitride)
- Compound zone resists heat checking, thermal fatigue, thermal softening (temper resistant) and wear.
- Increased resistance to cracking due to increased residual compressive stress, which is the opposite of a tensile stress that initiates cracking.
(Click here to see X-ray diffraction test)
- Reduces coefficient of friction=better material flow.
- DYNA-BLUE penetrates holes, bores while Ion Nitride does not as Ion Nitride is “line of sight”.
- Maintains excellent micro-finish, no post polishing needed as other nitriding processes do.
- Increases lubricity= better release
- Oxide layer that retains lubricants, enhances corrosion resistance and promotes material free flow.
- More uniform heating, less risk of distortion
- Enhanced die repair and weldability
(Click here for testimonial about welding)
- Capacity 75” x 120” or 30,000 lbs.
- Overnight service available